Top 5 christmas presents to give this year
Normally I start my christmas shopping in June when Target has their lay-by till christmas sale. But this year I really didn't want to buy my kids toys. I’m SOOOO over toys and think they are such a waist of money and my time cleaning them up. I find they don't really play with them but just have fun making a mess and refusing to clean up. So i’m over them! But I think it’s a good idea to start shopping early. This will eliminate the stress and frustration of scurrying around at the last minute and give you a more relaxed December. But if you haven't started early and stuck on what to buy here are a few to think about.
1. This year my kids big present are bikes. I’m so happy that we are at that stage where we can all go for a bike ride. I like to think of presents that will get them outside.
2. Last year the big present was a trampoline. They have fun on this all year round. In the summer we like to put the sprinkler under it.
3. So one thing I’m finding is that people are not printing their pictures they take with their camera’s and phone’s. This really makes me sad that the next generation of children are not going to have any family history to look back at. You’re slowly loosing those memories as your phone dies. Check out these cool prolaroid instant printers. Print directly from your mobile or tablet. http://www.polaroid.com/zip-instant.
4. I talked about stockings in my last blog. Maybe some of you are not familiar of what you can put in these. This year it’s going to be fun as the kids get older I can put thinks like tape, tin foil, blue tack (kids love this stuff and always ask for it) headlamps. Anaconda have cute ones for $12. It’s a good time to stock up on undies and socks, bath soaps, hair bands, lip gloss, colouring pencils and books, new drink bottles for school, hats, sunglasses, sunscreen or fun zinc, hair chalk, toothbrushes, so many options. Shiploads or the Reject shop is great for stocking stuffer shopping.
5. You know to be honest with you I hate present shopping. I’m crap at it. I can never think of what get and usually end up buying nothing. So I had a hard time thinking of number 5. But then of course it downed on me, what do I usually give people? Yes a photo session. My husband teases me because this is what I often give my close family and friends. Whether it’s some newborn pictures, maternity or just a portrait picture in a frame. This I believe is the most precious gift you can give anyone. So maybe it’s a gift certificate with your favourite photographer. Or go and buy a cool picture frame and stick a picture of you or your children and give it to your mom, sister, bestie or daughter.
I have christmas gift for you, I'm sharing my christmas morning wife saver recipe. It will save you time christmas morning so you can spend more with your family. We have made this our family tradition for many years. Get it